Today we upgraded to the newest WhatsApp Business API version (2.25.3). After testing all features on our internal test numbers, we decided to roll out the upgrade. Shortly after that, we saw several errors upcoming and tried to figure out the source of the problem.
After restarting single containers, it looked good at first, until new problems showed up. Too many connections on the database.
Long story short: After upgrading to the new version it seems like every container spawned ~100 unused database connections and kept them open, in an infinite loop, trying to create already existing tables. This caused a breakdown on the database, and containers were unable to start up / connect.
We did a rollback test which worked fine and rolled back all VMs to the previous version at around 12:30 UTC and saw everything coming back to normal.